Meatloaf may be one of our absolute favorite recipes to cook on wood pellet grills. The balanced cooking surface and stable temperatures on our Premier Plus grills result in the perfect meatloaf each and every time. Cooking for yourself, family, or even a group of friends.
This one is sure to be a hit with any hungry audience. Get it prepped, toss it on the smoker, and get back to entertaining.
Ryan hit it out of the park on this one!
1 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 medium diced white onion
1 red pepper diced
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp catalina dressing
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded gouda cheese
1 bottle of adams apple barbecue sauce
1. Crack the egg into a bowl and add the garlic, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, catalina sauce, the oats and mix them all together.
2. Then add in the diced onions and peppers then add the pepper and italian seasoning then stir it all together
3. Add the beef, and mix it into the mixture to a good consistency. (We recommend using your hands).
4. Put some aluminum foil over a cooking sheet and transfer your meat over.
5. Mold and form the meat into a rectangle with a thickness of about half an inch.
6. At this point, we recommend cooling your meatloaf in the fridge for an hour or two to make the rest of this process easier.
7. Sprinkle on the swiss and gouda cheese. Cover the rectangle.
8. Use the foil to roll the meat into a pinwheel shape (with the cheese in the center) and onto the cooking sheet.
9. It’s time to cook. Smoke the loaf at 180F for one hour.
10. After that hour, glaze the loaf with your barbecue sauce.
11. Then turn up the grill to 250F for another 60-70 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!