There are a lot of homemade favorites that most people don’t think you can cook outside on a grill. One of them is definitely lasagna. That’s the beauty of a wood pellet grill like Smokin Brothers…you can!
Check out Ryan’s take on a classic lasagna recipe!
Lasagna noodles (non-boil or boil)
Red sauce (2 jars recommended)
1 lbs of Italian sausage
1 lbs of beef
15-30 pepperoni slices to taste
4 cups shredded mozzarella and monterey jack (or pizza mixture of the two)
Small container of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced onions, tomatoes, peppers
1. Break up and spread your sausage and beef on a cookie sheet and smoke at 180°F until meat reaches 160°F, about 2 hours.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 325°F. 2. If you bought whole vegetables: dice the onions, tomatoes, and peppers, and slice the mushrooms.
3. In your baking dish or pan, start by pouring and spreading a foundation layer of sauce followed by a layer of noodles.
4. Pour and spread another layer of sauce, then add layers of sausage, diced veggies, mushrooms, then ground beef, then shredded cheese.
5. Add another layer of sauce followed by a layer of noodles.
6. For our next layer begin with sauce, then diced veggies, then Italian seasoning.
7. On top of this, add a layer of ricotta by spooning it on in small dollops. It’ll melt and spread when cooking.
8. Press in a layer of pepperoni (to help spread the ricotta).
9. Now add layers of Italian sausage, then ground beef, cheese, then another sauce and noodle layer.
10. Add another layer of sauce, then a final layer of shredded cheese and your lasagna is built!
11. Cover lasagna with foil (keep loose, don’t let foil touch cheese).
12. It’s time to cook. Place lasagna onto the grates of your pre-heated grill at 325°F for 45 minutes while covered.
13. After 45 minutes, remove the foil and add cheese to taste.
14. Continue cooking lasagna at 325°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted to taste.
Serve and enjoy!